The mission of the Auroville Earth Institute is:
- To revive traditional skills, and to link ancestral and vernacular traditions of raw earth construction with the modern technologies of stabilised earth.
- To enable and empower people to build their own dwellings using earthen techniques.
- To develop cost effective technologies, affordable to all.
- To respect our Mother Earth, while using its natural resources to build a sustainable future.
- To teach and practice sustainable resource management (for both human and natural resources).
- To demonstrate that earth, as a building material, can be used to create modern, progressive, eco-friendly and safe habitats.