TERI – The Energy & Resources Institute is hosting its annual Griha Summit on 17-18 December 2019 in association with UNSW Sydney and GRIHA Council. Hosted at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, this is the 11th edition of the flagship event of TERI and GRIHA Council, which has the theme “Approach to Integrated Sustainability”.
The Griha Summit brings together experts and consumers to deliberate on furthering the sustainable development agenda in the building construction industry in India. It has been recognized as an effective platform for evaluating the environmental performance of a building holistically over its entire lifecycle, seeking to minimize construction resource consumption, waste generation and the overall environmental impact of buildings and habitats.
Over the years, the Griha Summit has drawn the interest of government agencies, corporate decision-makers, architects, developers, academia and other relevant stakeholders. As in the past, the 11th edition is also expected to offer various technical sessions on sustainable building construction practices and techniques, trade exhibitions showcasing sustainable building materials & technologies, site visits to GRIHA-rated green buildings, etc.
Eminent speakers expected to be present at the Griha Summit are:
- Shri. Kunal Kumar, Joint Secretary & Mission Director -Smart Cities, MoHUA
- Prof. Veena Sahajwalla, Director, SMaRT, UNSW
- Dr. Archana Walia, Director – India Programs, CLASP
- Dr. Sunita Purushottam, Head – Sustainability, Mahindra Lifespace Developers Ltd.
- Dr. Yatin Pandya, Principal, FOOTPRINTS E.A.R.T.H
- Mr. Ajay Shankar, Distinguished Fellow, TERI
- Mr. Ashish Sachdeva, Founder President, Green Dream Foundation
- Mr. Sriram Kuchimanchi, Ashoka Fellow & Founder, Smarter Dharma
- Ms. Sapna A. Narula, Department of Business & Sustainability, TERI SAS
- Ms. Amrita Chatterjee, Director-Communications, South Asian Forum for Environment
- Mr. Uday Andhare, Design Principal, Indigo Architects
- Dr. Ajay Khare, Member, National Monuments Authority,
- Mr. Anand Iyer, Chief Project Manager, NIUA
- Mr. Ravi Sarangan, Executive Director, Edifice Architects
- Ms. Megha Behal, Associate Fellow & Area Convenor, TERI
Date: 16.12.2019 | Source: GRIHA Council