India International Science Festival 2020 is back this year as an online edition to engage with the general public about advances in Indian science and celebrate the joy of technology.
India International Science Festival (IISF) was launched in 2015 with an aim to show different ways by which science, technology, engineering & mathematics (STEM) can provide us with the solutions to improve our lives. The Ministry of Science & Technology and the Ministry of Earth Sciences in association with Vijnana Bharati, has created this unique platform to inspire curiosity in science and make learning more rewarding.
Nav Bharat Nirman (Building a New India) is the main theme of this year’s IISF-2020. Participants will get a chance to showcase the innovative methods/ models and systemic approaches of science & technology intervention and delivery based on the thematic problem issues for the building of a new India.
The themes of the plenary sessions are as follows:
1. Igniting Young Minds for Solution-centric STI Interventions
2. Building self-reliant SMART Villages for Inclusive Growth
3. Agriculture, Post-Harvest Technology & Rural Engineering
4. Innovative Ideas for Habitat and Water Resources Management
5. Meet to Promote Innovative Ecosystem for Affordable Renewable and Clean Energy Solutions
6. Nature-based solutions – Resource efficiency & Circular Economy
7. Strategic Climate Action plan for Sustainable Future
8. Waste Management and Sanitation
Participants are invited to submit innovative ideas for identified problem statements through online registration. A Jury of Technical Members for each plenary session will select the top three innovative ideas that show good potential for scaling up and award declaration on the spot.
All state science councils are requested to encourage fellow students/research scholars to submit their innovative ideas/models through the IISF-2020 platform before 20 December 2020.
Date: 17.12.2020 | Source: IISF-2020