The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) is organizing its annual flagship event World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS 2019) from 11th to 13th February 2019 at India Habitat Centre, Delhi. The WSDS Summit brings together senior political leaders and leading policymakers, researchers and business leaders around the world to deliberate and create solutions for a sustainable future.
The World Sustainable Development Summit 2019 is held under the aegis of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change with support from the Ministry of External Affairs. It is considered as a Track 2 diplomacy avenue for global leaders and sustainability practitioners to congregate at a single platform to deliberate over climatic issues of universal importance.
This year, the WSDS 2019 summit is being inaugurated by the Vice President of India Shri Venkaiah Naidu and will include activities such as Corporate Conclave, Plenary Sessions, Thematic Tracks, International Dialogue and an exhibition. Some of the main themes that are being covered in WSDS 2019 summit’s agenda are:
- Promoting Cleaner Technologies in SMEs
- India’s Transition to a High Share of Renewables
- Solar PV Module Recycling
- Land as Integrator and Accelerator of SDGs
- Mobilizing Finance for Climate Adaptation in South Asia
- Cleaning the Air in India and its Cities
- Moving Towards Cleaner Oceans
- The UN Decade of Family Farming
- India-EU Water Forum
- India and the Climate Crisis
- India’s Renewable Revolution
- Rural Electricity Access in India