Information Technology (IT) is a broad field that encompasses numerous aspects that require IT professionals to possess the necessary technical skills in project management. In order to succeed as an IT project manager, you have to understand the fundamentals of data storage, security, software, networking, hardware, and IT management frameworks. More importantly, you must be familiar with the management of teams, processes, and projects. Fortunately, there are various types of IT management certifications that you can pursue depending on the technology you are working with.
Today, we will share info about the Top 7 IT management certifications that you can attain as an IT professional:
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
Project management is basically a responsibility to supervise and participate in different projects the company deals with. CAPM certification is offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI). The credential is designed to equip IT professionals with profound skills in project management and teamwork. The candidates who pass the CAPM certification exam can prove that they possess entry-level knowledge of project management principles. The following are the key attributes that describe CAPM certification exam:
- The exam price is $225 for members and $300 for non-members
- A retake exam is done at a fee of $150 for members and $200 for non-members
- The renewal fee for members is $225 and $300 for non-members
- The certification expires after 5 years
2.Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
The Scrum Alliance designed the CSM certification to enlighten IT professionals with the ultimate skills to help Scrum teams work efficiently. It is the ideal certification to enhance your skills in leading the Scrum team, working across departments, and limiting distractions to ensure that all the projects are on the right track.
CSM certification is one of the best you can achieve because you will receive a logo that showcases your proficiency in handling Scrum teams. More so, CSM certification grants you access to professional online platforms and discounts on events organized by Scrum Alliance. Some of the key characteristics that can describe CSM certification are as follows:
- The exam fee is free for the initial certification, however, you can take it only after completing a 2-days training
- You are allowed to retake the exam twice within 90 days after you get your initial welcome email. A fee of $25 is charged per attempt after these 90 days
- CSM certification expires after 2 years from the date of receipt
- A fee of $100 is charged for renewal
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
ITIL certification from Axelos is the backbone of IT service. It is a perfect certification for IT managers regardless of the management levels because it focuses on implementing management strategies to improve the processes in an organization and achieve desired outcomes. If you are a competent IT project manager, then ITIL certification is perfect for you because you can easily get an expert-level credential. An expert level of ITIL certification shows that you are highly competent in ITIL best practices. The prices of the exams vary depending on the type of vendor that offers the certification.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Investing in security is a smart move that many IT project managers have made. Security is the top priority for any organization. The International Information System Security Certification Consortium or (ISC)² designed the CISSP certification to provide IT professionals with advanced skills and knowledge in IT security and information assurance. Upon getting certified, you will be conversant with high-level topics such as budgeting, organizational structure, risk management, communication with remote teams as well as large-scope projects management. As you prepare to take this certification, it is important for you to know the following key aspects:
- The exam fee is $699
- To maintain the certification, you need to receive CPE (continuing professional education) credits
- To renew your CISSP, you are expected to pay an annual renewal fee of $85 ($255 for a three-year period)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
If you are an IT manager relying on the agile framework, then PMI-ACP is a perfect certification that you can take to ace your project management skills. It showcases your ability to work in an agile team efficiently. In order to qualify for this certification, you need to have the following experience:
- 2,000 hours of project management hands-on experience or current PMP or PgMP certification
- 1,500 hours of agile project experience (working with agile methodologies or with agile project teams)
- 21 hours of continuous training in agile practices
Besides, the exam has the following key features:
- A fee of $435 for PMI members and $495 for non-members
- Retake fee is $335for PMI members and $395for non-members
- PMI-ACP requires renewal every 3 years and can be renewed by earning 30 PDU credits
- Six Sigma Certification
Six Sigma credential program offered by The Council for Six Sigma Certification consists of 5 distinct levels:
- White Belt
- Yellow Belt
- Green Belt
- Black Belt
- Master Black Belt
Six Sigma provides training and mentorship focused on IT project management as well as leadership. The program ensures that the candidates gradually learn how to use the principles of Six Sigma/Lean Six Sigma to lead the teams, monitor team dynamics, assign roles and responsibilities, and help organizations to deliver projects and achieve specific goals. The prices of Six Sigma certifications vary depending on the credential level. Also, Six Sigma certifications do not have an expiry period.
- TOGAF 9 Certification
The Open Group developed TOGAF 9 certification as a standard for enterprise architecture management. The TOGAF 9 credential is specifically designed to focus on the enterprise architecture and alignment of IT goals against the business goals. Therefore, TOGAF 9 certification will help the IT managers to demonstrate their ability to eliminate process errors across the organization as they define business and IT goals. If you would like to take an exam, then you need to find the third-party vendor. Therefore, the prices will vary depending on the third party you choose.
Get certified with Examsnap
Examsnap is the trendsetter when it comes to preparing candidates for certification exams. According to the recent Examsnap.com reviews, candidates recommend this website as the best provider for prep materials because of the following reasons:
- Valid and updated exam dumps
- Active online community
- Discount on the price of exam dumps
- Verified premium files for all certification exams
- Educative blogs about the various certification programs
So, if you want to get one of the above-mentioned certifications, visit Examsnap for top prep materials.
Project management is an important skill for any IT specialist because it is only through effective project management that a company can prosper. Choose Examsnap for the best IT management certification program and get certified as soon as possible. Sow today and you will harvest tomorrow!
Author profile – This is an advertorial contributed by a guest blogger