The fifth edition of the Smart Cities India 2019 expo that showcases innovative ideas and products for enabling smart cities is set to begin on 22 May 2019 at Pragati Maidan, Delhi. The trade expo will address the core objectives of the Smart Cities Mission, under which the union government is developing 100 ‘Smart Cities’ to drive economic growth and improve the quality of life for millions of Indians.
Exhibitions India Group is organizing the Smart Cities India 2019 expo in association with India Trade Promotion Organisation and NASSCOM. The trade event will concurrently host five other expos namely – Buildings India expo, Solar India expo, Transport India expo, Smart Cities India expo and Water India expo – all under one roof.
The key events to watch in the Smart Cities India 2019 expo are –
- City Leader’s Conclave – bring together the city leaders and representatives from international organizations, academic institutions, and private companies, aiming at establishing a knowledge hub for Smart Cities.
- Transport India expo – showcases end-to-end future solutions for smart transport in the country such as electric & hybrid vehicles; connected/autonomous vehicles; storage/batteries; public transport; etc.
- Water India expo – presents different facets of water management in India such as non-revenue water; irrigation systems; water supply & distribution; STP/WWTP/ETP; and much more.
- Smart Cities India Awards – an annual event for recognizing and felicitating individuals, policy makers, companies, government bodies and associations working for the successful execution of the mammoth dream of developing 100 smart cities and rejuvenation of 500 cities in India.
- Start-Up India Pavilion – Supporting Government of India’s commitment to boost startups, the expo will host more than 100 startups, who will display solutions from the realm of smart cities, intelligent buildings, energy, transportation, water management and more.