Infosys Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Infosys, has announced the launch of the second edition of the 2019 Aarohan Social Innovation Awards. Following the successful response to the awards in 2018, Infosys Foundation has renewed its commitment towards accelerating innovation in the social sector. The 2019 Aarohan Social Innovation Awards seek to recognize and reward individuals, teams or NGOs developing unique solutions that have the potential to positively impact the underprivileged in India, at scale.
Following the successful launch of the Aarohan Social Innovation Awards in 2018, Infosys Foundation witnessed an overwhelming response from social innovators across the country and eventually, 12 leading innovators were recognized and awarded. Infosys Foundation believes that there are innumerable innovators across India, who are looking up to this platform to give wings to their passion by scaling their innovation and impacting millions of lives. With the second edition of the awards, Infosys Foundation hopes to discover these hidden social innovators across the country and help them scale the power of their social innovations.
The 2019 Aarohan Social Innovation Awards will accept submissions across six categories:
2. Rural Development
3. Destitute Care
4. Women’s Safety & Empowerment
5. Education & Sports
Key Highlights of 2019 Aarohan Social Innovation Awards:
- The nomination/submission process for the 2019 awards commenced on July 15, 2019 and will continue till September 30, 2019
- Entries are open to the legal residents of India (aged 18 and above) and NGOs (registered and operational in India only)
- To complete their submission, participants need to upload a video and a document describing their project on the awards nomination page
- The project must be of a fully functioning prototype, not just a concept, idea or mock up. Additionally, the project must not be an established commercial venture
- Aarohan Social Innovation Awards will also offer select winners an opportunity for a residential technical mentorship at the IIT Hyderabad campus for up to 12 weeks to help them further develop and scale their solutions
A panel of distinguished judges will evaluate and select the winners whose submissions will be assessed on five broad criteria – application to a social problem or need, innovative use of technology, originality of ideas, ease of use and the quality of presentation. The jury will comprise Prof. Trilochan Sastry, former Dean, IIM Bangalore; Padma Shree Mr. Arvind Gupta, an Indian toy inventor and science expert; Prof. Anil Gupta, visiting faculty member, IIM Ahmedabad, a globally renowned scholar of grassroots innovations and founder of the Honey Bee Network; Prof. GVV Sharma, Faculty member of the Department of Electrical Engineering and Coordinator, Teaching Learning Centre, IIT Hyderabad; Mr. Sumit Virmani, Senior Vice President and Global Head – Marketing, Infosys, and Infosys Foundation Chairperson and renowned author Mrs. Sudha Murty.
Up to INR50 Lakhs as Prize Money To Winners
Along with prominent recognition, cash rewards of up to INR50 Lakhs will be offered to selected winners. The mentorship at IIT Hyderabad will help select winners in developing their innovative solutions and rapidly scale it for social impact.
Hurry! Nominations are Open Only till 30 September 2019
An innovation, to be effective, must be simple and it must be focused. If you have a unique prototype/solution that can make a difference and benefit our society, then Aarohan Social Innovation Awards is the right platform to showcase it:
Register and Submit Your Nomination Now