The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is offering a unique online certification course on Resource Efficiency and Environmental Sustainability for auditors. This will enable energy professionals to assess the environmental performance of any industrial or office facility and identify opportunities to save energy.
Under the CII’s Resource Efficiency and Environmental Sustainability course, all discussions in the course will be focused on parameters affecting environmental footprint and adding to climate change. Environmental touchpoints will vary based on the type of operation of an industrial facility or a building facility. Therefore, the environmental touchpoints covered in the course will be common to all sectors and facilities.
This will be an interactive e-learning course that includes live interactive classes, PDF scripts, practical exercises, online tests and case studies. Participants will have to build upon the concepts covered in the course and identify energy-saving opportunities. They will be exposed to carbon footprint measurement, energy auditing. water auditing, waste auditing, life cycle assessment, product stewardship principles and green buildings. Course details of the Resource Efficiency and Environmental Sustainability course are as follows:
- Climate Change and Carbon Footprinting – GHG management system, ISO 14064 standards, GHG protocols, Inventorization, footprint measurement
- Energy Efficiency and Energy Auditing – energy management, electrical system audit, mechanical system audit, Energy audit instrumentation, ISO 50001
- Water Conservation – Water audit instrumentation, Specific water consumption & benchmarking, wastewater treatment technologies.
- Waste Management, Material Conservation and Material Flow Cost Accounting
- Renewable energy operations and regulations, Energy storage technologies, Renewable Purchase Obligations Renewable Energy Certificates (REC), Solar rooftop installation
- Life Cycle Assessment and Product Stewardship – Definition of life cycle thinking and life cycle management, ISO 14040 LCA Framework, Environmental Product Declaration, Eco-labelling
- Green Building management
Date: 19.04.2021 | Source: CII GreenCo