India Environment Festival, a community-dedicated multi-disciplinary annual festival of environment is back again in Ahmedabad from 16 to 18 February 2018. The second edition of this national-level festival is based on the theme of “I Am Water” to raise awareness and bring about change in the water consumption patterns of our urban society.
This three days long festivity celebrates earth through a seamless blend of environmental themes with art, craft, music, design, literature, interactive media, education, science and technology done by its eco-passionate team. World Around You is organizing this event in close collaborations with local, national and international partners from the public, private and social sectors. The selection of festival theme, activities, venue décor and the presence of eco-friendly brands reflects a sincere effort towards the need for a positive knowledge, attitude and practices of environment among people.
Major activities at the India Environment Festival are:
- Meet Green Heroes – talk shows by eminent environmentalists like Sonam Wangchuk, Abid Surti, Rajashri Deshpande, etc.
- Hara Pitara – a meticulously curated Green Market for eco-friendly products and services
- Earth-keepers Meet – Workshop for budding eco-entrepreneurs to gain insights from experts on the industry tricks to better channelize their products and services
- Dog Adoption Show for choosing and adopting abandoned dogs
- Film screenings on environmental themes
- Waste art installations by artists
World Around You has invited eco-entrepreneurs, NGOs and SMEs to display their eco-friendly products and services at the Hara Pitara green market, which is a tangible platform for dedicatedly promote green businesses among a majority of eco-conscious crowd that knows the importance of sustainable products. Bookings are still open for these affordable priced stalls on their Facebook page.
Date: 09.02.2018 | Source: India Environment Festival